Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Goodbye Summer!

September is upon us!

The fall months are nigh!

I've not brought up the fall tub to decorate.

I've been putting the garden to bed, putting away my yard knick nacks. 

I am ready. It has been a very hot summer.

I've not been doing anything to write home about, we are doing some updating & painting.

I did start a new homemaking journal/binder. I'm handwriting the recipes, and have tossed out things which I've never made. There will be other things in there as well, kind of a go to, all in one place in a simplified manner. Making life easier for myself.

Do any of you have something like this at your home?

I ordered some yarn for a project, and I cancelled the order for the project. It was a lovely project, but one in which I know that I won't ever complete, and the yarn will go to charity shop. So I'm learning from past mistakes. There are alot of pretty things to make, doesn't mean I need to make them.

I did find something in Herrschners catalog, a kit for a beautiful crochet pillow. Something I can do, will finish and it won't take years and years.

We grew one pumpkin this year.....

It is Thanksgiving day for this little critter..He's been working on this for days, I finally just gave it to him.

Enjoy little one, a rough winter may be coming.

~Faith~
 

5 comments:

  1. I am putting the garden to bed too. I have just this same amount of luck with pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am slowly putting things away in our backyard garden as well. I only grew 2 zucchini and it's time to pull it from the pot. I am still deadheading the flowers and hope to enjoy them for a little while longer. August did not produce what I had hoped for. Still 90's and 80's for temperatures. I am turning my thoughts more to inside chores and indoor crafting. Sorry about your pumpkin. I am sure the squirrel loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm forever printing out recipes that sound so delicious ( and maybe they would be but I will probably not ever make them. I stick to the tried and true.) So I go through my binder and cull them.
    Your new homemaking journal sounds a little like an old fashion Commonplace book. I have filled 3 or 4 with all kinds of bits that interested me as well as recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we are in for some very cold weather coming soon. I will be moving plants inside (those I want to over-winter) and hopefully a few things will disappear from the garden soon (like the overwhelming production of cucumbers). I only plan on purchasing a few items I need to finish projects that I have planned so more along the lines of thread and batting. I do need to purchase yarn for one more project as I have nothing suitable to make an knitted blanket for a male.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh good for you on canceling the order. That is a strong realization to make and to act on. 💕. Lady Locust

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.