Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Dumplings from Scratch

Good Day!

I'm in the kitchen today and scratched up some egg dumplings. We are having what is left of the chicken paprikash, and I used fresh spaetzels from the market yesterday. Today we are having our traditional homemade egg dumplings, which I prefer. 

Dumpling dough with Durum flour

 
2 cups durum flour
pinch of salt
3 eggs
water as needed to combine
small portions dropped into boiling water, when they float they are done.

Today I am following my usual recipe, but am using Durum flour rather then white all purpose. On our last trip to Amish bulk store I picked up 2 bags especially for homemade noodles. I thought I might experiment today and see what it did for dumplings. They came out fine, nice and chewy, will hold up in any soup or stew.

The heat continues in the 90's. Full sunshine.

Looking very much forward to Fall weather. 

Have a blessed day!

~ Faith~


2 comments:

  1. Hmm, your egg dumplings sound a great deal like my families Glace.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never used to make dumplings until youngest son brought a girlfriend home for supper and she told me about the dumplings her mom made. I tried her recipe and the family liked them. Now that I cook for just two I rarely make them.

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.