Monday, August 26, 2024

Happy Homebody Monday #5

 Howdy Do?

 Happy Homebody Monday!

Questions for you?

    What is on your to do list for today?

Do you make a to do list?

I have a calendar which I purchased from the Farmers Almanac, and I try to make entries into every day.It is a nice hard bound spiral book with quirky facts, moon phases and quotes. 

The 2024 Old Farmer's Almanac Planner

As I look back over the year, there were months where I wrote nothing, surely I was doing things, and planning meals,planning garden, and keeping track of things. I missed a few months and have no idea what transpired during that time. 

I am writing again every day, even if I just manage to do a few things & write our supper menu down, comes in handy when my husband says you have not made this or that for a while I can look back.

My intention is take a list of these meals, and put them in my homebody notebook, I think it will help me to better meal plan. I'm always looking for ways to streamline, make things more simple and less stressful.

Even if  I don't manage to get everything done on an ambitious list, I'll at least get something completed and I can look back at the end of the day and see that I did do something. It isn't about getting everything done & overdoing, but rather a gentle reminder what needs to be done, what needs attention. If there are remaining items on the list, they go for the next day. 

There are times when I go off script, I'll intend to do something, and end up doing completely off the hook that wasn't on the radar at all. I'll write those in as done & dusted.

The simpleness of it is that there are no rules, the important thing is that I accomplished something whether it was big or small. Progress is progress. I no longer beat myself up about it. Peace through simpleness. It works for me.  

Victorian spring cleaning tips and ...

That's all she wrote for today...

Take care

~Faith~

3 comments:

  1. I am a list maker. It keeps me focused and it feels so good when I can mark something off as completed. I never knew Farmer's Almanac had such nice planners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do make a list every day. Sometimes I actually finish my list. Lately though I find that I might just want to accomplish too much.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monday means it was laundry day here. I had a short list of other chores I wanted to do, none that would take longer than 15 or 20 minutes. I got most of them done but one will be finished tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.