Friday, August 23, 2024

Penny Rug Candle Mat


 It has been cooler & lovely, there is a hint of fall.

Moving about smartly today, I did get my fridge cleaned & organized looks much better. A little dusting, and moving things around for a fresh look.

I've been working on the penny rug mat, and have made good progress. When I finish this one, I'll work on the pumpkin circle mat next. A little bit every day.


I finished something, how about that?  This wasn't hard, it was a learning curve. I am not a sewer or a lover of sewing by any stretch. I so admired these little penny rug mats, I had to give it a whirl.

This is where I purchased the kit from, it includes everything. You cut and sew the circles.

SassafrasCreekOriginal

I thank you for your visit

~ Faith~ 


7 comments:

  1. Job well done on your candle mat. Congratulations on having a finish; it's a good feeling for sure. A perfect addition for your FarmHouse look and adds a special touch of color. i do enjoy visiting with Sassafras Creek Original myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Prairie Rose for the comment about the penny rug mat. It is nice to finish something .I am a one trick pony it seems and having more than one project at a time is distracting. You mentioned you visit Sassafras Creek Originals, do you also watch Kandye on her you tube channel, Cabin Crafts & Simple Living? I enjoy watching that, Kandye is simple folk, I call her the best friend I never met.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (I did answer you over at my blog on the comment you left)

      Delete
  3. You have done a lovely job on the penny rug. I really like the colours and the shape.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie, the other option was to use black backround which I think looks more traditional.

      Delete
  4. I find cleaning out the fridge a job I try to postpone :(
    Your penny mat is nice; I've never seen one in actuality, only pictures. They look like a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, cleaning the fridge no fun at all. The penny rug matt wasn't a lot of work actually as this was a small project. Hand stitching is required, and I'm not a stitcher so I do a little at a time.

      Delete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.