Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Tinkering with yarn,making something pretty

I've got a crochet cross your heart shawl on the hook. 
I'm using Hobby Lobby Soft Secret/ French Lilac what a pretty name. They had another called Rosebud, it was discontinued unfortunately, really pretty color.
This is a gift for my youngest/tallest Math teacher. 
Math...the bain of his existence. She brought him through the math abyss.
Crochet by the sea
Crochet by the Sea

The two pictures are of the same item..lighting is everything. I draped this over a lampshade so you can see the pattern.  This is the back portion, then you work the ties.
The pattern or I should say tutorial on how to crochet this can be found 

I've made about 3 of these so far. One for myself, and gifted the others. 

Cleaned out a few drawers today,the stuff you accumulate. How many ink pens or rolls of tape do I actually need? Husband will take the pens to work, they are always looking for pens. A trip to goodwill today also, my 3rd trip in the last few days. It feels good to be shed of things which take up space that I don't use, that somebody else can use. I like to take things to Goodwill, and I will on occasion shop there to find lovelies. I'm about due for a visit, spring is coming. Maybe I can find some more pieces of the Vintage China I purchased there last summer.
Changing the bed linens and then break time/hook time. I'm off to a good start for the week. I went through all the pots and pans, some were in the back of the cupboard I hadn't seen or used or even missed in years...time to go right?
My new instant pot replaces several of the items. I will keep the slow cooker, it's good for when we attend Boy Scout events covered dish. I have a crock pot which we got as a wedding gift 25 years ago. I considered taking it..I'll hang on to it a while.

 Image result for vintage crock pot with flowers

 I have not used it in years, but it is pretty, I thought it might be good for melting the beeswax, although before I do that I may have to look into if that even can be done.

Closed the Pinterest account. Spend way to much time looking...Blogger is now the only thing I have up and running.  It feels good to organize, remove unused items, and time wasting behaviors.
 
About yesterday's post. Wisp of Words bless her heart, posted for me to turn on my comments, just about the same time I wanted to test comment, because I didn't have any, which isn't weird for my blog. I happened to find that in the actual post where you do your drafts in the options, you can enable comments or disable from there. Who knew?
Not me. I never knew that was even there. I went back and looked at the last 2 post, the comments were disabled from there. If I didn't know it was there to begin with, HOW did it get disabled? I'll have to check this each time now.

I see a new friend has signed on Jules....thank you. I would like to return your visit....what is your blog?


 


17 comments:

  1. Hi! I would have commented yesterday but couldn't :)
    I love the yarn you are using for the shawl. I have twitchy fingers, as I recently finished making a baby blanket for a friend, so I need to get a new project on my hook. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jules, I stopped by your place, you have a lovely blog, and I must get back and keep reading. The pictures are stunning...garlic pesto. We have ramps here in the spring. I need to look into that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too tried to comment yesterday, and couldn't find it on there. Sounds like you are cleaning like most of us right now. I love my crock pot. I have not purchased an insta-pot nor an air fryer. I just don't have room, and the crock pots are used every holiday for get together and for our meals. I just made my sausage/beef/tomato soup in one yesterday. The shawl looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristina..I had one of those old pressure cookers, I used it maybe once. Afraid of it. The new ones are very nice, and they do multiple things, saute,slow cook rice etc. I bought a real pretty wrap for it with roosters.

      Delete
    2. Pressure cookers! I remember being scared to death, of my mother's! I'd never get one, myself! -giggles-

      💖 💖 💖

      Delete
  4. Glad we can once again comment:-). What a luxurious looking yarn and beautiful color- purple, the color of royalty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love the name French Lilac, conjours up springtime.

      Delete
  5. You are doing wonderfully, in so many areas, discarding items and things, which no longer work for you, or are not going to be used.

    And it feels wonderful, doesn't it??? -smile- This is super!!!!!

    That post yesterday, was a great prompt! And you ran with it. Yessssss!!!!!!

    Oh and that lavender yarn is soooo beautiful. -happppy sigh-

    💖 💖 💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom had one, and she put the fear into me about never touching it. I don't even know if I used the one I had before. I bought it when I was canning. It seems different with the Instant Pot, you still have to be careful and all of that. It just does so many things. Thank you Wispy...

      Delete
  6. What a pretty shawl. I have the exact same crock pot. I got mine at the thrift store. I use it to make hot processed soap. It should work well for melting your beeswax.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Thank you for popping over. It is a pretty crock pot, and still in good shape. Do you put the beeswax in another container, and then water in the crock pop? I wasn't sure I could do it, bee a long process. I've got my beeswax broken/melted into rosettes it should help.

      Delete
  7. I like my instantpot, but not as a slow cooker. I just can't seem to get the food hot enough.

    Some day I may just learn how to crochet. I knit, but there are so many lovely crochet patterns.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackie, I've not had mine to long, still getting used to it. It doesn't have a slow cooker lid. So I've kept the other old stand by which works like a charm. If you knit..you could learn to crochet I'm sure of that. I started out knitting....the transfer was easy I was not a good knitter...drop drop drop. Thank you for commenting and stopping over.

      Delete
  8. I've been cleaning up various things too. Today I started going through my scrapbooking paper
    ( I have WAY too much). I don't scrapbook as much as I used to so why keep stuff I'll never use!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I envy you doing your spring cleaning and de-cluttering. My day will come! I won’t get rid of my crock pot. I still use it too much! I’ll be using it on Friday to enter the annual Super Bowl Chili Cookoff at works. One of my favorite dishes to make! Love being creative with the recipe. Your yarn is so lovely, makes me want to run to Hobby Lobby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A start has been made here on decluttering, I do struggle as I always think something might be useful. Love the crochet project you are working on it is a great pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all for commenting. And for the comments about the current WIP. I am keeping the crockpot.:)

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.