Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Farmers Market & Concord Grapes

Outta Dodge.

The day was absolutely glorious. clear blue sky, a slight crisp, 65 degrees, a fall day. Leaves are changing, and some in full color, stunning! It never fails to amaze me. One for the hearts memory when the snow is blowing sideways, and those long dark days of winter arrive.

Our last trip to Farmers Market, picked up some corn which is delicious, some garlic, and what we went for Concord Grapes. I can recall way back in the day my mom put Concord Grapes in my lunchbox, and I love Grape juice made from these grapes. 

My husband picked up a Concord Grape Pie the other day from the bakery. Oh my! Have you ever? It was amazinginly scrumpdilicious.I looked up how to make the pie filling from these grapes & it didn't seem difficult.So we picked up 2 containers which was about 5 lbs before stems were removed. 

My husband was off today for Columbus Day, and so we made the filling together. It wasn't difficult to do. In the end of it we had enough for 2 pies of summertime when it's wintertime.

I had intended to take pictures, got all caught up in the process and so none.

I had never heard of grape pie before.How about  you?

If you are interested in the recipe you can still find these grapes for a while longer, they are in season from August to October. You can find the recipe 

Here



1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of a grape pie before. Interesting.

    Our farmers market has now shut down for the season.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.