Saturday, September 10, 2022

Candle making day!

 

 

 


Candle & Soap fragrances are in here. you can find this posting

AlittleSomething
I'm trying something different this time. In the past I have made Beeswax Candles, which I particularly like as there are benefits, which by far exceed petroleum candles. I may at some time make some more as I have 2 left from last year. The trouble I have with them is that they do not burn evenly and tunnel. 

So today I am making soy candles. We had purchased two from the farmstand lasts year, I lit only one at Christmas, it burned for 15 hours. It was in a 4 oz mason jar. Burned clear down to the glass, no waste. 

I have purchased the same jars, & have ordered a wax melting pot. Having the right tool for the job may be the ticket. I ordered 2 scents, and 1 colorant from a local shop.

 

The candle kit, came with the hot plate, 5# of soy wax flakes, a stainless steel melting container, metal spoon, wicks and center holders.  


 


 Here are two of them cooling. I made 8oz of wax at a time. Enough for 8 4oz candles. I made 4 of them scented with Victorian Pine which is really nice, 2 with Rose & Peony, and 2 with Salt Spray. I'll post a picture when they are all set and done. The colorant is liquid and one drop will work fine, so it should last me a while. 

It smells rather nice in the house, there is a breeze today and it is wafting about with the scents of the candles. I've plenty more wax yet. For another day. I made a rather mess, some tidy up todo I suppose. It's always more fun taking everything out and setting it up, rather like Christmas. 

~

To those of you who follow along here, and live where her Majesty the Queen was your Monarch, I offer my heartfelt sympathy on the passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. She was a  wonderful, classy lady. Old school, they don't make them like anymore. I think that she broke the mold. She led by example, and was delightful.

~Faith~

 

 

 

 


1 comment:

  1. I'm curious about soy candles. I have both bees wax and also cheap (?) candles that I don't think are soy. I find that many candles do burn down in a 'tunnel' and it seems like such a waste. If the candle was a particularly nice scent I chop the leftover wax and use it in one of my many wax warmers. The part of the house that has electric heat ( as opposed to forced air furnace) gets smelling stale so I use the scented wax to counteract that.

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.