Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Consignment Shop

 Hope you are all well, tucked into your corner of the world. Where I live we are entering Fall/Autumn, it is without question my favorite time of year, followed by Spring. Some of you are leaving winter behind and transitioning to springtime. A beautiful time of year.

I dropped off a few items at the consignment store today, the one I was banned from after I bought this very beautiful & very heavy, and very antique dresser.  You can read about that purchase, and the farmhouse table of my dreams They were beautiful pieces, and I don't for one moment regret the purchases, and the prices can't be beat for the value.

Antique Dresser

Antique Dresser 

Farmhouse Table for real

Antique Drop Leaf  

So, as I said I dropped off 4 pieces (artwork), been in the basement way to long and I decided they could be loved by someone else. I picked up 3 items, the lot of them $12.00. This is one of the places which the prices drop 1% every day. I cannot resist poking around and seeing what is there, I usually come home with something. 

I love the vintage bowls, this one is so bright & perfect for Fall.
I already have one of these in light green. I've never seen one like this usually they are a solid color in carnival glass, light green, burgundy, all so pretty.

 The third item was a wine decanter, it was in the dish drying rack when I took this picture. The stopper looks like a ...... wait for it.......glass doornoob.  I have one already, and my son was looking for one, so he can have the older one, and I'll keep the new one. The doorknob stopper would be so lost on him. 
 
Still decluttering, and being very mindful of what I purchase, where it will live, and most importantly will it have a function. 
 
That's my story for today.....I'm sticking to it.  
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I like that pretty bowl and the cute little hen. Finding treasures to love is so rewarding. Plus they have a second life instead of being left unloved and unwanted.
    I am very fond of my glass doorknobs. For convenience sake we have a few doors with handles and yes, they are very handy when your hands are full. But they're not lovely, just functional.
    I noticed the Autumn foliage in that last picture. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.