Monday, September 5, 2022

I'm calling it UNCLE!

Howdy do? 

Well, I'm calling UNCLE on the Harvest Angel pattern ( for now). Those beautiful sleeves are beating me up something fierce. I've lost count how many times I've frogged and started over, I would say it is over 5 at least. The joy factor is gone for now. I will return another day and give the go once again, but for now it is set aside. I was ansy to not have the hook moving, and the cardigan wasn't doing it for me either. 

I did manage on one of the attempts to get one sleeve done to my satisfaction, but the 2nd one. Nope, not happening.

 Some of it may be my eyes, my cheaters, the color of the yarn, old age, pick one or all of the above.  

I had a pattern which I ordered last year, and didn't have the color blue which I would have liked to have it done it, I started it in a gray, it didn't work for me at all. 

So I picked that up and began and so far it is going well enough. 

 This pattern was designed by 

BellaCrochet (Free Patterns)

or

Her Etsy Shop

 

She does beautiful patterns, I've made several of her patterns, and put my own spin on them for display. I am very fond of her patterns, and the one I'm currently working on is the Snow Queen.

PDf Crochet Pattern- Snow Queen Doily

 Courtesy of Bella Crochet

The Angel of Thanksgiving is a doily, I put mine on a background, in a hoop.This one was donated to the Ladies Guild as a prize.  


Another Bella Crochet pattern, Cottage potholder. I've made several of these,
changing the theme to reflect the seasons or holidays of the year.
Christmas Cottage

This is the one I display each year, it was the 1st one I made. 

My variation on a theme for the Fall. 
 
As I was looking at her Etsy Shop, I realized there were a good handful of patterns I had purchased and made.  
 
I hope you are able to visit her Etsy Shop, or her online page of Free patterns, you are sure to find something just right for you. 
Lovely Patterns, just lovely.

4 comments:

  1. Just stumbled across your blog. Oh, I just love that little sunflower crochet cottage! do you sell your items? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam! Thank you for stopping in, I've found alot of really nice blogs that way too. I do sell these from my Etsy shoppe as custom orders, I don't carry stock items. If you visit there you can see the details about the cottage with photograph, and get a good idea what it looks like. It really is a pretty & unique take on the vintage crochet potholder, except that it is for "pretty". Handmade things are so joyful to give & receive arn't they? The link for my shoppe is in the side bar, and also on the tabs above the posting. Thank you for your inquiry.

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry the Harvest Angel's sleeves proved to be a problem. Fortunately you have other projects to work on that are enjoyable. Like those sweet Cottage potholders!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GM, it's all good sometimes patterns go that way, I'll come back around to it. Thanks for stopping & commenting as always it is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.