Monday, August 22, 2022

Chit chat over the clothesline

about the clothesline.

How about them apples?

I've had this blog a long time, and I can say that over the time I do like to go on about clotheslines. I like to use mine, and I enjoy when others use theirs, ( not around my neighborhood, I'm a loner). 

I used my clothesline today, I washed some placemats, napkins & a tablecloth, they are out there flapping in the breeze. I love the Amish washlines with the pretty dresses. I do not hang all my laundry on the line, but like to freshen up my crochet afghans, sheets and pillowcases are my favorites. 

Long ago when I was a wee child, I have a memory of having a special for me clothesline for my dolly clothes, and red and pink clothespins just for my size. I don't know but that may have been where my love of the line came from. 

I really like it when they are flapping real good, and they smell amazing when you bring them it. 

Doesn't cost me a fortune, not even a dime to have a good time. It's just another one of those simple joys that I like to do, which remind me of kinder, gentler times, even though I am smack dab in the middle of metropolis, keeps me balanced, and creates happy in my backyard. 

 

 See the source image

2 comments:

  1. I very much believe that the things we loved as children have an important effect on us in later life. That little clothesline and sweet red and pink clothespins certainly must have contributed to your love of hanging things out now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you GM! I would agree somethings just are attached to our heart somehow, and come back to us when we are older to bring us joy.

      Delete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.