Friday, July 15, 2022

Coal Miner Cake

Chocolate cake aroma is wafting around my home today!

I've got a Coal Miner Cake in the oven, the temperature today is fairly nice, windows are open and it's nice to bake a nice cake for a Sunday meal. A treat for the family.

This is not my recipe, I don't know where it originated from, so I take no credit for it, and am not going to repost it here. I don't know if it is a take on a vintage recipe from a coal miners wife and adapted for modern times since it does use a Devils Food Chocolate cake ( box)   

 The recipe for the one I am making today can be found ( You Tube )

Appalachian Homestead with Patera Coal Miner Cake

I've not ever made this before, minimal ingredients and time. It's coming down to taking it out of the oven, and so I need to get back in the kitchen and make the topping, you put the hot topping on the hot cake.


 Thank you for spending a few minutes with this old gal, it is appreciated.


6 comments:

  1. That cake looks like it will be delicious. I wouldn't be able to resist checking if it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my that cake looks delicious.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out just like it looks delicious, my family loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like it was delicious with the cherry pie filling in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bovey Belle, so lovely to return a visit. The cherry pie filling in there adds something, I'm not sure what it is, if you didn't know it was there I don't think the taste can be picked up, moistness perhaps, for one thing it kicks up the devils food cake a notch. It didn't last long, and my family said keep this one on your list.

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.