Sunday, July 17, 2022

Let's have waffles

We are having breakfast for supper today. 

Using my Vintage waffle iron today has been a new challenge of doing things the old ways. 

Very important, because it is not not stick, it needs to be greased after each waffle.

and a vintage recipe would be nice to go with. I don't expect it is much different then the one I made, flour, buttermilk, baking powder. 

I didn't have on my apron, but I was wearing pearls earrings.

My young son came down, an asked me how old it was, he took a picture and said he was going to post about this 1930's waffle iron. He was amazed it still worked. 

I explained why this works being made in the 1930's is that back then people took care of what they had, they worked hard for what they got, and it wasn't guaranteed  you could get another one. Nothing I have in my home today electrical with last more than 5 years let alone 90. It was made in the USA, stainless steel. 

They did not live in a disposable world in the 1930's, things were made to last, you got your money's worth and then some out of things.


 

 


I've got to hone down a recipe, over all it is a lovely piece of eye candy, and is functional.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.