Sunday, July 17, 2022

A view from the hill, I'm not over it yet

Howdy Do!

I last posted about the three sisters garden, and  you can find that posting

Here 

If you are interested in learning about what it is you can find that

Here 

I've never grown corn before, so I planted 6 seeds in our raised garden bed, 5 of them germinated. It's funny because I planted them all at the same time, and they came up in the order I planted them, with the first one being the tallest, and the last one, smaller than the others.

but.....

We have corn on them, my husband spotted it this morning, I completely missed it. 

You're never to old a dog to learn things. I've just peaked the hill, some say I may be over it, there is alot to learn and do yet. I grew corn, who knew? 



 

4 comments:

  1. That's funny, the order that the corn seeds sprouted. I don't know anything about growing corn,such as...do more than one cob grow on each plant?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi GM! That I have yet to find out, I think more then one set grows on a stalk, when I've purchased cornstalks in the fall, they sometimes have multiple corns on them.

      Delete
  2. Yay for you!! I have tried several times to grow corn and never had any luck. I want to make a note of this and next year, if the good Lord is willing, want to try growing a three sisters garden. I checked back and read your posts. Thank you. Your corn does look really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing tastes as good as fresh corn from the garden. This is the first year we haven't planted it and I know I will miss it.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.