Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Gerty's Garden

It is a truly perfect day in the weather department. Temp is about 70, blue sky and a loverly fresh breeze. A good day to be out and about in the garden. I bought a butterfly bush today, and am pondering on where it will live. I picked  up another Lavender, and a strawberry plant, and some Cosmos, Zinnia, and pumpkin seeds. It's getting slim pickens.
 

This had 1 strawberry on it, I think the adorable baby bunny in our yard had a snack, but look at the lovely flower. I bought a 2nd plant today, and a hanging grapevine planter taking it off the ground level, it was sitting on a little bench.
 
I'm getting tired, so I need to take into effect  what I need to do, how much time/energy it will take up, and what else I need to do, dinner & dishes. So for today as much as I wanted to plant that butterfly bush (no pic yet ) I need to rein it in. So I am going to plant the strawberries in the hanging basket, and call it done for today. 
Maybe...later I will plant the bush, doubtful although it will be shady. I have not regained my energy level since I was sick at Christmas, tire very quickly still. I have to know when to say when.
the last of my saved seeds
three sisters garden
taters
Sunflower
 
I normally every so often will pick up Zinnia at the $ store, for 1.25 you get a box of seeds, in the spring. I doubt they have any now.  I am out of all seeds currently, what is left is in the planters. So I picked up a packet which is called Peppermint Stick, Herloom.  I got these at a local nursery.


They are a little different than the usual brights. I love Zinnia.


That's it for today, if I sit here much longer I won't get anything else done.

Have a beauty!

2 comments:

  1. I need to check at the Dollar Store to see if ours carries flower seeds and more specifically Zinnias!!
    I understand about prioritizing chores according to energy available. I hope you can get yours back soon.
    Butterfly bushes are so pretty. Unfortunately ours didn't make it through last winter. I'm still hoping new growth will come from deep underground ( it was quite an old plant).

    ReplyDelete
  2. They most likely be out of them now, when they put the seeds and spring items out is when you have the best opportunity to find them. But you never know. I've seen wildflowers there too, they come in a box. The butterfly bush I planted last year didn't return either, it wasn't an old plant.

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.