Thursday, February 3, 2022

Beeswax Candles & hurrican lamps

We are in the throws of a winter storm, it isn't pretty and as it gets closer to sunset it is ugly, dark and cold. The snow we had from previous storm melted quite a bit which was a blessing, because now it is back and them some. Such is winter. 

I can just barely smell the oil lamp, that makes me happy since my sense of smell was lost, and I'm hoping that means it will return. I've lit the lamps, and have some beeswax candles burning, in the even we lose power, it will give us cheer, light, and a little warmth.

I order the beeswax from a local beekeeper, and I make my own candles. Do any of you do that? 

I don't know what I've done wrong, or what I could do different as these candles tunnel. I'm supposing it has something to do with the wick. I make votive and pillar candles. 

Well, supper needs to be made..If you are in path of this storm, stay safe. I'll be glad when my husband and youngest son are home and off the road, safe in the house.


  Beeswax rosettes. I pour these to melt them after I've done the brick.


 

4 comments:

  1. I sure hope you get your sense of smell back soon. Those beeswax rosettes must smell heavenly.
    Hopefully the storm won't affect you too much and the power won't go down.
    Years ago I took a candle-making class but I don't remember much of what I learned. We didn't work with bees wax though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you survived the storm.

    I made dipped candles with the Pathfinders in Girl Guides, and have made poured candles.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never made candles, but remember my Mom making a drip candle back in the day. Hope the storm is less severe than anticipated. Stay safe, stay warm. Sounds like you're well prepared. Good luck with getting your smell back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me making mhy blog rounds hoping you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.