Hello Happy Homebuddies!
DH was home yesterday and we went on a day trip, it was a beautiful weather day, warm but very comfortable, and the bluest most beautiful sky with those white puffy clouds.
We stopped at a you pick farm and got some peppers & cabbages. First time I ever did that. It was a fun and so gratifying so get the produce right off the vine in the field.
Today I cut the peppers and have them flash freezing before I put them in the bags. Tomorrow I will prepare stuff cabbage to freeze for a later time when the cooler winds blow, the house will smell amazing.
I've been rather ambitious of late;
I'm trying something new that is old school. I'm not scrolling, listening or watching. I've put the phone down and put more effort in my life and less in everybody else. I found a place in my phone which tells me how much time I spend on it. Oh my!
So I've been pretty productive and am actually getting things done I used to do before. I've went through and deleted all but 4 of the you tube channels I watch. If I listen it will be while I am crocheting at the END of the day. Value Added.
I rather like things the way were before, life was simpler, not everything was instant. You were not 24/7 anything. Just your own life. I appreciate my phone but choose to let me dictate how and when it will it will be used.
Today I cleaned out the spice cabinet again, it was a mess, I couldn't find cinnamon. I couldn't believe I had run out which isn't like me, tore that bad boy apart and eventually found I did have some, so I redeemed my homemaker status. Some things were pitched, some combined as I had doubles. I'd let it get out of hand while watching other ladies cleaning and organizing their homes while mine was not the way I wanted it.
Moving of the hook was done over the weekend, I share a few pictures, but it is not the final finished piece as I tweak.


2 comments:
Finding a U-pick farm is so much fun. We used to pick all our fruit...cherries, peaches, apricots, apples, everything we could find. Nowadays it's hard to find those farms. Unfortunately they've been amalgamated to create big outfits that are interested in profits. Sad but true.
My family pokes gentle fun at me and my old flip phone. I keep it on me for safety sake. If I fall I need help in getting up.
I hope your ambitious streak continues. It's fun to be enthusiastic about house keeping.
Very cute basket. I have a place on my phone that tells me how long as well. Scary sometimes.
God bless.
Post a Comment