Tuesday, October 1, 2024

The first planting for next year garden

Hello beautiful Homebody!

What's news?

It is 6:30 am, I've been up for an hour or so, having my coffee & pondering the day.

My husband is off one more day, and he will I think be doing some painting of the kitchen.

Tomorrow we will be back in our routines.

On our journey I caved and got some garlic to plant. I said I was not going to do it anymore as the results were not always good and it seemed a waste of time. We stopped at Berlin Seeds in Amish, where we always get the garlic to plant in the fall. 

I'll give it the old college try again this year. I've been researching to see if I can do anything different, which produce a larger bulb, ours are always very small. 

Do you plant garlic, spring or fall?

Our last frost date is in November this year, they say to count back 2-4 weeks from there. Normally I will plant them around Columbus day which is Oct 11th.  

I've been slowly putting away the yard pretties, cleaning up the tubs and beds to get rid of the weeds. I still have a collard, and 3 brussel sprouts plants which are doing well, especially with the cooler weather.

Thank you for the anniversary wishes. We had a very nice day, stocked up at the bulk store, and I managed to find a nice small milk pail for the kitchen. I have not decided whether or not I will repaint it. It's not a bad color & will fit in nicely. 

It's still dark, and so a picture will be coming soon. 


~ Have a beautiful day~

~Faith~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.