Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Lemon Verbena so lovely

 Hello Kindred Souls

I have found some dehydrated lemon verbena from last year, and I have more coming in from this  year. I don't grow many herbs, I like Basil, Lemon Verbena & Rosemary & Lavender, I grow what I use most. 

The Basil has been harvested several times this year, it is going to flower, and I need to collect some more sooner than later, as well as the Lemon Verbena.

I tried to overwinter the Lemon Verbena, have not had alot of success. 

Questions for you? 

Have you ever grown Lemon Verbena?

What do you make with it's beautiful Lemon leaves.?

I've thught that I might like to make  lemon shortbread, or lemon sugar cookies.

If you are interested here is a very nice blog, which is no longer active but has a wealth of resources about Lemon Verbena.

Lemon Verbena Lady 



 

 

3 comments:

  1. The lemon sugar cookies sound delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never grown lemon verbena, this is the first year I have grown lemon balm and lemon grass. I will perhaps have to grow some next year.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never grown lemon verbena but I'll go take a look at that blog.
    I have lemon balm but prefer using mint as flavour in my fridge water pitcher. Other than that I don't use the lemon balm. It just grows...everywhere it can find a spot.

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.