Friday, August 9, 2024

For such a time as this

Skill Sets, being as self reliant as possible in your world, comfortably.

Hello You!

We've had more glorious rain, and today it is cloudy. Go figure. I have Sun Pickles going on. They look as though they are still fermenting, it has been warm. 

Over the weekend I received the grain mill I ordered. Yesterday I made bread for the first time using freshly ground wheat berries, which was an experience all by itself. I enjoyed it very much.

A little ansy about the bread making, this is a learning curve. I managed to make 2 loaves which were not the prettiest bread I've ever made, but it was rather tasty, and totally different then the white bread I've made for years. 

Looking for an Amish bread recipe using ground wheat berry flour. 

A skill set, grinding grain & making healthy bread.

Hard White Wheat Berries


Grinding/Milling my Grain

Prior to investing in a grain mill & berries, I did some research.

All these years I thought that making my own bread was healthy for my family, and in part because there was no additives as store bought bread it is somewhat true, but..I learned that in order for the stores to make flour shelf stable, they remove almost all of the nutritional value.

I don't particularly want to stand in long lines waiting to get bread which is not beneficial, or available.Times are unstable.

Some links for you to learn.

BreadBeckers  

Grains and Grit  

Both of these have You tube channels, blogs & websites. 

Do your research, this of course won't be for everybody but it is an option to help you be less reliant on everything else for your well being, these are troubled times, you can rely on yourself and trust that  you have done everything you can to be more self reliant.

We can have more control by being less reliant on...(Fill in this blank)

I'm on day two of the sun pickles, I'll be posting about these soon.

 

~ Faith~



   

3 comments:

  1. I'm not a bread maker but I applaud you for doing in-depth research and doing the right things for your family. I've never heard of sun pickles so I'll look forward to that post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost like magic the way those hard wheat berries turn into fine flour. So much information to absorb.

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.