Monday, August 12, 2024

Happy Homebody Monday #3 Time investment


 

The Victorian Servant | The Victorian Christmas Lady

Time invested is time well spent

I tackled this cupboard for the umpteenth time. This time my thought wasn't to just organize it and put everything back, but rather to be intentional about what I wanted to be in there, ease of use, decluttering, creating space. 

Before


 

This took about many hours of my time, an investment which will benefit me in the future, I won't be looking over and over for something, things will not fall out, be stacked upon each other, but rather clutter will be removed, organization and space will emerge.

I had 3 bottles of Oil, 2 were opened, when you have clutter you don't know what else you have. While I have a pantry for storage, these were not put in the proper place, you spend money which could have been better spent elsewhere. 

I have a pantry in the basement for storage, and one upstairs for ease of retrieval. 

Everything has a place, and it should be placed there.

 

 Of course it didn't take me several hours to do this job, but I take self care breaks now, rethink & refresh. I don't do anything anymore with my hair on fire, it is counter productive. 

If I have to do something so fast to get it done, it won't be done the way it should be, and I will completely tire myself out and won't do anything else. Nothing good or joyful comes out of it. 

Schedule  your investment time, allow for it & get it done the way you intend to.

It is good and tidy, many things discarded. 

After 

Much less drama here...I hate looking for things.

Stay busy.....invest your time & energy in areas where you will benefit directly~ FarmhouseWorthy, life sustaining & Joy filled, in your world.

~Faith~



 


  

 


8 comments:

  1. I love organizing and even though we've been in the new house just over a year, it already needs a room-by-room de-cluttering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things do tend to creep in don't they? Cooler weather always brings me round to sorting and organizing.

      Delete
  2. Oh Yes. Your cupboard looks so much better organized now. I find organizing fun and I'm so fortunate to have plenty of cupboards to keep stuff in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes if you have plenty of cupboards it would could be a dream, or a nightmare depending on how you keep it, I don't have alot of cupboards, which I think for me is a good thing.

      Delete
  3. Over the years I have learned that being frugal with my time is just as important as being frugal in other areas. Good for you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is absolutely true, I am finding out many things as I grow old kinda gracefully.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hi Nil, long time no talk! Thank you for stopping over & leaving a comment. I tried to leave a comment at your place and could not type it out. Your passion fruit juice looks very good & refreshing.

      Delete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.