Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Staycation I rather like it

Here we are the week of camping with the BoyScouts ( no longer to be called that after this year), but I digress. It's campout week for  him, and vacation for me. 

I don't go anywhere, I have no schedule, and it is a nice break from the routine. I've got my candles made 6 beeswax tapers and 3 soy, and one beeswax jar with lavender. 

I've got a few things on the go, washed blankets & bedsheets,

 I've got a penny rug kit which I am working on. Floor washing for tomorrow.....went through some things in the basement, tossed some things out, and reorganize others.

vacation you say...these are done in the most higgly piggly way with no structure as to time of day, supper, or schedule of any kind.... It is a lovely break. He'll be back on Saturday and we will return to regularly scheduled programming.  

And so now, it's coffee time and a wee chat with you all. 

Let's see what else? No crochet I'm out of crojo at the moment. Sewing was a consideration....so far I've made no move in that area at all. 

Watering the garden every day, we are getting low on rain water, every day they call for rain and everyday they push it off....

I did get some tallow cream made yesterday, I rather like it. Tomorrow it is back to the more regular household duties, I've had my fun.

PENNY RUG KIT FROM THE PLAID SHEEP

Well, stay well....see  you next time
 


3 comments:

  1. It's lovely to see that you've posted. Your blog isn't on my side bar any more so I'm not aware that you have posted. Ever since that little icon under my list of blogs disappeared and I haven't been able to add any blogs to my list.
    You sound busy in a happy relaxed sort of way. I hope you get your badly needed rain soon. We're in the same situation here. Day after day of hot sunshine so lots of watering to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staycations are the best!
    Enjoy your free time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nil, thank you for taking the time to comment..

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.