Friday, July 19, 2024

First things first today

Hello Everybody!

Today is the last day of my staycation, DH will be home tomorrow, back to our more routine but simple life. I've had my fun and need some structure back.

Today right off the bat....floor washing.....fun to be had by all. 

next.....sourdough starter will be taken out, warmed up prepared for bread overnight.

then, a Peach cake I saw a recipe for, I like to have a special desert ready when he comes home, he's been eating camp out food for a week.  

Moving about smartley........

Other then the collards I planted, and harvested twice already, I've got zero from the garden. The tomatoes are slow to ripen, I have a watermelon which is not growing any bigger, and tons of pumpkin flowers, no pumpkins...or squash.  Maybe due to lack of rain...we have a rain barrel but it is not sufficient, and so I've watered with the hose. it's water but not the same. 

Brussel Sprouts may be harvested....we'll see. every year is different.


 I need to press this, I made it earlier this year. Celtic Cross shawl pin pattern can be found here 

back to work, if the cake recipe turns out I'll share that next time. 

Have a stunning day!

~ Faith~

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Love your crocheted Celtic Cross. Very pretty. Hope your cake was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cake was pretty good, thank you for your comment, I appreciate it.

      Delete
  2. Our garden is not doing very well either. Things are just so slow this year. After a very rainy spring we have been dry and hot for most of July.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dry as a bone here, no rain...a nice rain would pick everything up, nothing like rain from heaven, full of nutrients..

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.