Friday, January 5, 2024

Crochet & Designing

I had designed a crochet vest a few years ago. I blew the dust off it, re worked the pattern, and made some additions to the written pattern. I had mentioned a few posts back that I had the back portion completed. Since then I've had 2 of the front panels done, when I tried it on it did not look like I had intended it to and so I frogged out the front panels. 

 It actually turned out to be a blessing in disguise as I was  playing yarn chicken, and the last 2 rows of the last panel I ran out of yarn. So now I should have enough to get me through, correcting the error. 

I'll always take the blessing thank you.

Designing seems to come so easy to some folks, not me. I have designed about 7 crochet pieces, all very small and simple, this is the first garment. I put it away yesterday and said I would look at it another day, maybe, or another month or year. 

But why not now? 

Pushing through, I'll get it out and have another go at it. 

Do you design crochet? I'd love to hear from you, or if you've posted about your experiences on your blog I'd love to visit and read the posting. 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I knit and have designed very simple household items, though I have altered patterns to make something a bit different.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.