I must be having fun?
For time is passing quickly.
I've been working on a crochet project, and for all intense and purposes it is done and dusted to my liking.
I've never done filet crochet, how hard could it be she asked?
I can honestly say that it is doubtful that I shall ever work up another filet crochet anything. It is deceiving simple, yet complex at the same time. It's worth giving it a go.
Here this is in all of it's glory. It has not been washed or pressed yet, it is steaming hot off my hook.
There was about 3 more rows to go, I frogged those 3-4 times and decided to call it a day. I was growing tired and making mistakes. I suppose one day I could come back and finish those up. But I'm happy enough with it. And looking forward to working with some yarn and a bigger hook. This 2 1/2 balls of #10 crochet cotton. No pattern per say, I couldn't find one. All I found was a picture of the graph with all the black n white squares. How hard could that be?
Indeed!
This measures out to about 2 feet. It was well worth my time, and I tried something new.~Faith~

8 comments:
Oh my, Faith, that is absolutely gorgeous. I can only imagine how difficult it was to do.
God bless.
I was beginning to wonder if you had given up blogging. Good to know you were just busy. The Home Sweet Home piece is beautiful and deserves the place of honour in your home. Good thing you persevered. GM
I love your new FALL header. I'm not the only one rushing the season. GM
Thank you. I'm thinking on that now, how to display. For now it is rolled up and awaiting pressing.
Love the fall.
Trying to get things stored up pantry wise, finish up garden, and putting things away a little at a time.
Oh my goodness! How lovely! You did an excellent job! Are you going to frame it? I have a book on filet crochet and there are patterns for window curtains and they look lovely! They would certainly take a great deal of time to make
I hope all is well for you and that the reason you haven't posted for so long is that you're happily busy. GM
Post a Comment