Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Catching up over the clothesline


 

Hello Everyone! 

We are in an extension of summer weather for the 2nd out of 3 days. Not my cuppa. Fall is here and there is no crispness to the air. I can't say that I have been super busy, just doing everyday things, but I seem to have lost interest in those things which bring me joy. I'm hoping it passes. Can't put my finger on it.

No completed crochet projects as I just can't seem to get into something I like, I've tried several different things, Our garden for all intense and purpose was a flop. Although we did reap a few things, 2 tomatoes, 2 cucumbers, 2 very small butternut squash, and the joy for me 1 lovely pumpkin.

I suppose part of it was the deer. We are the only house here in the "hood", which has a garden, or even plants flowers. So it is a buffet. Not one sunflower. The Zinnia & Marigolds, Cosmos did fine. 

I don't yet have the filet crochet project framed. I've been working on it over time. We went to Amish country and I picked up a nice frame for $5.00. It will get done eventually. 

I have to get round and catch up with you. 

Take care !

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad about the deer and their appetites! At least they left you with a few flowers ( which were not to their taste). I hope you find your enthusiasm for crocheting again. Maybe once it truly feels like Fall.
Granny M

Jackie said...

Our garden started out great guns, but fizzled out due to the heat. Still we managed to get a few things.

God bless.

Anonymous said...

I get having the hum-drums at times. I recently found some old 1980’s Country Living magazines. I know it sounds silly, but they have been so enjoyable. Words were kinder then. Also fun to see the styles that were trendy. It’s brought back something within me. I hope you find that whatever it is soon 💕

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Good to hear from you! Yes, this 87 degree weather is crazy here for us too. We've had about 3-4 trips to Amish this year too, and need one more for supplies. I still have squash, bell peppers and hot peppers in our garden yet.

Anonymous said...

I do sincerely thank you all for your comments.

HappyHomebodyMonday

HappyHomebodyMonday
Sharing & Learning Together

Labels

Thread Crochet (48) Crochet (47) Simple Joys De Stress (39) Crochet Yarn (36) beeswax candles (28) HappyHomebodyMonday (21) Vintage (20) GODS Coloring Book (14) skill sets (14) Lavender (10) Filet Crochet (9) Vintage Beauties (8) crinoline ladies (8) pumpkins (8) St Patricks Day (7) Sturdy Pantry (7) queen annes lace (7) FarmhouseWorthy (6) I'm a natural (6) Potholders (5) Vintage Roses (5) Bread Fresh milled (4) Chit chat over the clothesline (4) Chocolate Cherry Sunflower (4) Penny Rugs (4) Sunflowers (4) fall decorations (4) Build your pantry (3) Farmhouse table (3) Fermentation (3) Pie Crust Recipe (3) Sourdough Bread (3) Sweet Simpleness (3) TimeInvestment (3) Vintage Cut Glass (3) Vintage Pie Vent (3) Vintage Waffle Iron (3) crystals (3) rosettes (3) ButterChurn (2) Christmas Crochet (2) Christmas Rose Pointsettia (2) Crochet Bread tray doily (2) Intention (2) Irish Crochet Rose. Shamrocks (2) Lemon Verbena (2) OhioStoneware (2) Questionsforyou? (2) Scarecrow (2) Shamrocks (2) Swans (2) Three Sisters (2) making candles (2) marketbag (2) pantry (2) rain barrel (2) seed saving (2) soup chicken (2) the starter (2) tin icicles (2) vintage depression glass (2) vintage glider (2) vintage hanging lights (2) wheat berries (2) window house (2) Bread Cloche (1) Celebrate life day (1) Christmas Cactus Care Sheet (1) Crochet Dress Apron (1) Crochet Irish Rose (1) Drawstring bag (1) Electric Skillet (1) Enamel Ware (1) FancifulFriday on/off the hook (1) Fiber Fest (1) Giant Marigolds (1) I am a happy homebody. (1) Irish Crochet Rose (1) Miss Patsy (1) Organization (1) Original Oatmeal Box (1) Pastry Cloth (1) Petal Doily (1) Pie Vent (1) Real Bread (1) Rosemary (1) Scented Geraniums (1) Simple Musings Entry (1) Sourdough Cream Puff (1) Speckle Ware (1) Stillness (1) Stove Apron (crochet) (1) Stove Apron (crochet) swans (1) SweetheartMarketBag (1) Thrifting (1) Thyme (1) Tin cookie cutters (1) Twig Heart Decor (1) Vintage Bakeware (1) Vintage Bowls (1) Vintage Crochet Patterns (1) Vintage Dish (1) Vintage Flour Sifter (1) Vintage Furniture (1) Vintage Linens (1) Vintage Recipe (1) Waffle Iron (1) What we love to collect (1) be prepared (1) crochet dress potholder (1) decluttering (1) fpallet flower bed (1) gingerbread village (1) pallet flower bed (1) shamrock runner (1) stock (1) teachable moments (1) tureen (1) vintage lights (1) vintage table linen (1) wooden bread bowl (1)

FarmhouseWorthyEst2025(c)

Please, this is my personal content. It may not be copied without written consent from the content creator (me). Treat this as you would your own content. Do unto other as you would like them to do unto you. It still applies in my world. Thank you.