Monday, July 10, 2023

Sewing..a love hate kind of thing

 

I've said it so many times, this won't be an exception. I am not a sewer. However, I do dabble about in it often throughout the year. Some projects I actually finish, others are partially finish, I either loose interest or the machine give me a headache.

There is something about it which I do like. And I've said often if I had a designated place to sew would be very helpful. 

Well, I've got another project in the hopper, this time placemats.  Sounds very simple to those of you who are sewing enthusiasts. I have the material, the batting, and will have the time to do this when my husband is gone for an entire week camping with the scouts. as he does every year. 

I suppose that I will need to quilt these 3 pieces together, front,batting &back. 

This is where you all come in.

I'll post the fabric when I start this project.

What are your suggestions on how to do this for a novice of the highest order?

Here are a few of my posting about sewing.   

making a skirt

EPP Hexigons 

Sewing Check Please! 

The Beast 

Sewing an Apron? 

Dresden Plate 

Thank  you in advance for any help  you may provide. 

~Faith~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I surely won't be one who offers any suggestions being an absolute dud at sewing. I think I've mentioned that I took several sewing courses, determined to sew. It never 'took' and my little portable ( that is old and weighs a ton) sits in the laundry room and very occasionally gets used to mend something. GM

Henny Penny said...

Good luck with the placemats. Sewing used to drive me crazy. For one thing, the mess got on my nerves. Having a sewing room does help, and buying, folding, and displaying fabrics is more fun than the actual sewing. After I finally started making bonnets and aprons and got good at it, I fell in love with sewing. I'm strange anyway. :)

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I don't sew much either. I think the last thing I used my machine for, was goat coats for baby goats, and that was many years ago ha ha!

HappyHomebodyMonday

HappyHomebodyMonday
Sharing & Learning Together

Labels

Thread Crochet (48) Crochet (47) Simple Joys De Stress (39) Crochet Yarn (36) beeswax candles (28) HappyHomebodyMonday (21) Vintage (20) GODS Coloring Book (14) skill sets (14) Lavender (10) Filet Crochet (9) Vintage Beauties (8) crinoline ladies (8) pumpkins (8) St Patricks Day (7) Sturdy Pantry (7) queen annes lace (7) FarmhouseWorthy (6) I'm a natural (6) Potholders (5) Vintage Roses (5) Bread Fresh milled (4) Chit chat over the clothesline (4) Chocolate Cherry Sunflower (4) Penny Rugs (4) Sunflowers (4) fall decorations (4) Build your pantry (3) Farmhouse table (3) Fermentation (3) Pie Crust Recipe (3) Sourdough Bread (3) Sweet Simpleness (3) TimeInvestment (3) Vintage Cut Glass (3) Vintage Pie Vent (3) Vintage Waffle Iron (3) crystals (3) rosettes (3) ButterChurn (2) Christmas Crochet (2) Christmas Rose Pointsettia (2) Crochet Bread tray doily (2) Intention (2) Irish Crochet Rose. Shamrocks (2) Lemon Verbena (2) OhioStoneware (2) Questionsforyou? (2) Scarecrow (2) Shamrocks (2) Swans (2) Three Sisters (2) making candles (2) marketbag (2) pantry (2) rain barrel (2) seed saving (2) soup chicken (2) the starter (2) tin icicles (2) vintage depression glass (2) vintage glider (2) vintage hanging lights (2) wheat berries (2) window house (2) Bread Cloche (1) Celebrate life day (1) Christmas Cactus Care Sheet (1) Crochet Dress Apron (1) Crochet Irish Rose (1) Drawstring bag (1) Electric Skillet (1) Enamel Ware (1) FancifulFriday on/off the hook (1) Fiber Fest (1) Giant Marigolds (1) I am a happy homebody. (1) Irish Crochet Rose (1) Miss Patsy (1) Organization (1) Original Oatmeal Box (1) Pastry Cloth (1) Petal Doily (1) Pie Vent (1) Real Bread (1) Rosemary (1) Scented Geraniums (1) Simple Musings Entry (1) Sourdough Cream Puff (1) Speckle Ware (1) Stillness (1) Stove Apron (crochet) (1) Stove Apron (crochet) swans (1) SweetheartMarketBag (1) Thrifting (1) Thyme (1) Tin cookie cutters (1) Twig Heart Decor (1) Vintage Bakeware (1) Vintage Bowls (1) Vintage Crochet Patterns (1) Vintage Dish (1) Vintage Flour Sifter (1) Vintage Furniture (1) Vintage Linens (1) Vintage Recipe (1) Waffle Iron (1) What we love to collect (1) be prepared (1) crochet dress potholder (1) decluttering (1) fpallet flower bed (1) gingerbread village (1) pallet flower bed (1) shamrock runner (1) stock (1) teachable moments (1) tureen (1) vintage lights (1) vintage table linen (1) wooden bread bowl (1)

FarmhouseWorthyEst2025(c)

Please, this is my personal content. It may not be copied without written consent from the content creator (me). Treat this as you would your own content. Do unto other as you would like them to do unto you. It still applies in my world. Thank you.