Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Summertime Crochet

If you are a crocheter, then you know that anytime can be crochet time. I've yet to finish the afghan and now it is a wee bit heavy & hot to be toting that around. I refer back to an old cherished friend Crochet thread. Cut my teeth on Crochet thread. It is my first love of the craft. 

I am using Hobby Lobby Crochet Thread, size  #10, and a 1 steel crochet hook.

I have one other thread crochet project started, and another one in the que. I can only work on one thing at a time and so it is what is on my hook currently.

I don't know if it will be completed or when, I am enjoying the process instead of cranking out things, not that I ever did that, but rushing to finish something is not what I do anymore. 

Ordered a vintage pattern off Ebay ( from the 90's) now considered vintage. LOL. I like the old brochures and will purchase one from time to time if I really like the pattern. This one is pretty, and I already have an idea or 2 how I will decorate with it, if it gets done.

Hot again today almost 90, a good day to sit and move the hook. I'll update as I go along, as long as I get along with the project.


 I ordered some Borage Seeds from a local farm. Any of you use this plant for anything? It is supposed to be a good pollinator plant. I'm thinking I'd like to have a pollinator area in my wee garden.

3 comments:

  1. I really wish that I could crochet. I had a friend try to teach me and my stitches according to her were way too tight. I might have to try once again.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sitting in the shade and moving your hook sounds soporific. We've had some chilly days and I've been making use of the coolness to get weeding done.
    I grew Borage one year mainly for the sweet blue flowers and because I had heard that Borage plants speed up decomposition of compost. GM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see what you are crocheting. The heat is no joke for sure. I do not grow borage, but my chives are in full bloom, and they are great pollinators for the herb garden.

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.