Monday, May 29, 2023

Capturing quiet moments

Is certainly not easy when you live in a city. 

I was able to, early this morning sit in peace and listen to the birds, watch the squirrels, and listen to chimes. It was joyful and silent.  

On my lovely old glider.

me and my cuppa. I parused my wee little garden plants, and looked for new seedlings, only one sunflower has popped up so far. I sat on the glider in peace with me coffee. It will be short lived and so I had soaked in all the wonderfullness of the morning. 

I wish we had a rural homestead. But we don't and so, I take full advantage of the quiet time in my little back yard before all the noisy people get up. My husband took his fishing pole and went out for some quiet of his own this morning, before it too gets overpopulated with loud people.

The sky was so blue and clear, the coolness of the morning, and a gentle breeze.

It is Memorial Day. Remembrance Day, Decoration Day

You asked, we answered: Why do we celebrate Memorial Day? | National Museum  of American History 

 ~ Faith~



7 comments:

  1. Your lovely old glider and a little quiet time sounds just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I just love it, and early in the morning before noisy people roll out of bed from their hangovers. LOL

      Delete
  2. My situation is very much like yours.....living right in the middle of town just a block from a main road ( and 5 minutes from the hospital. Think sirens). Since the big old trees were cut down the traffic noise is worse. But...like you I get up early and sit on the porch absorbing the morning quietness. I'm alone this week which means no meals to make. Today I did a lot of gardening. Hopefully tomorrow I'll take it easier.
    Enjoy your Memorial Day. GM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you GM, we have the very same situation here all hours of the day and night, the hospital is maybe a 1/2 mile. The morning is really the very best time isn't it? Enjoy your GM time.

      Delete
  3. You are a woman after my own heart. I would love to be in the middle of nowhere to be able to sit in total silence for a period of time.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't happen often here in the city, always some racket. With the 43 year old kid who lives next door within 12' of my house, his bike, his toys, his music, and very loud mostly vulgar "friends", I don't do it as often as I would like.

      Delete
    2. I wonder sometimes people don't like silence. You can hear and notice beautiful things.

      Delete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.