Monday, May 22, 2023

Raining on the Rhubarb & a beautiful egg

Yippee!

It has finally rained overnight and through this morning. A glorious little blessing for my garden, and a little bit to feed the thirsty rain barrel. 

Things in my garden should really pop now. Nothing like rain from heaven to transform the garden, nourish the plants and provide nutrients. 

Just a few garden photo's today, as most of you have your own lovelies....

Lady's Mantle
Ruby
Concord Grape

 

I'm so tickled that this Rhubarb has taken. We got this, and the Concord Grape from Amish Country. I kept them both in the refrigerator until it was nice enough to plant outside. The Rhubarb was sprouting in the fridge. Last year I planted 2 of them, and neither took.    

And would you please look at this egg? For those of you who have yard birds, you probably see this all the time. 

 

picture doesn't do it justice, I have never seen dark orange yolks. I bought these at the grocery store.
The Happy Hen Company....
Stunning!

pondering on a pie for tomorrow......havn't made Peanut Butter Pie in a while, but Hubby's favorite is chocolate, he is working O/T tomorrow, so I suppose it will be chocolate.
`
`
 ~Faith~


 

4 comments:

  1. I have been told that the more orange the yolk, means the more protein the chicken has been fed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We tried planting grape plants for a vine here, but raccoons destroyed them all. We never put them back in. We'd have to put an electric solar fence around it, and that requires checking it every day. I'll just have to watch yours grow ha ha! Yes, home raised eggs are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had rain too. Not enough to totally fill the rain barrels but still we're happy for what there was. Also it has meant a few cool days and I always feel energized by the cool weather.
    Isn't Lady's Mantle lovely when it holds the raindrops? Even my DH who rarely comments on my flowers noticed how pretty it looks. GM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to go out this morning and water. No rain here as of yet and my pots are beginning to look dry. Glad your rhubarb took.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.