Friday, May 19, 2023

Have a sit down with me on the glider

bring your cuppa, and we can chat, please help yourself to some amish friendship bread with blueberries and a little bit of lemon verbena for extra flavor.  Both dehydrated from last year

. Wash on the line, I pulled down some curtains, gave them a good wash and put them out into the sunshine & breeze to dry. I have a few more to do, but I did what I could today. I don't like to sit all day, and I don't want to run around with my hair on fire either, there is a balance between the two, and I'm learning how. 

A quick supper, dishes and then I'll sit and maybe move the hook a wee bit. Calling for rain tomorrow, a little dab will be good for the garden, and fill my hungry rain barrel.

I've never crocheted washcloths before, but I saw a really lovely tutorial for a plaid looking one which I rather liked. All cotton. I finished up the actual cloth up last evening, and still need to put the plaid part in. It seems very large and I could almost use it for a placemat or runner. 

It measures 11 x 10.5

What is your thought? too big? My thinking is that when this gets wet it will be rather heavy. I may make another and try a smaller size.  Click on the link below and it will take you to the pattern.

Crochet Plaid Washcloth

Here is what mine looks like so far.




 

I used Lion Brand 24/7 cotton yarn, in the colorways of Ecru, Mint Green, & Terracotta.

That's all she wrote for today...

~Faith~

 

 

 


4 comments:

  1. That does seem a trifle large for a dishcloth, but some of mine are 10 X10. I do like the plaid though.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your croched washcloth is very pretty. I can't crochet anything but would love to learn to make dish cloths. Wonder if I could?? I've been doing a little spring cleaning too...got the living windows washed yesterday. Sure is a good feeling to get one big job done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The plaid washcloth is so pretty but I agree that once it's wet it will be a little heavy.
    So...are we sitting on your new glider? GM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been crocheting "make up" washcloths with a pattern that is easy and I love. I don't make them that big though. I agree, it will be heavy and take longer to dry out. I do like the color pattern in it.

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.