Friday, March 10, 2023

Embrassing a slower speed today




 It's the snow falling outside the window this morning, Lake Effect snow in my neck of the woods. Because Lake Erie is not frozen, the cold air sweeps across from Canada and creates big, beautiful, fluffy snowflakes. It's been snowing since this morning, and we are likely to get a few inches. These snowflakes remind me of things I've never done, but imagine that it would be lovely to do.

Take a horse drawn carriage ride through a beautiful old town filled with lovely Victorian Houses.

Sitting in a log cabin, looking out the window, while on the hearth there is a hearty meal or bread baking.

Walking in the woods..listening to the sound of the snow, the earth, and the creatures.

Like a snow globe!

It causes me to slow down, and drift like the snowflake wherever it takes me. 

In my oven this morning the one bowl brownies, there is a scout campout this weekend, and as I always do, make brownies for the troop. I've got some cabbage cooking gently on the stove for noodles and cabbage for supper. It's just me and my youngest for supper today.

I've ordered some already cut out pennies for the penny rug, 300 of them in graduated sizes. If I enjoy doing this craft, then I'll find a way to cut them myself. I know me & my limitations.

I've started pepper plants, hoping I get some to plant, it takes time with these I understand, and they like heat, so I have them on the mat. Tomatoes are coming up at the end of the month, and the rest will be sewn in the soil when it's time.


Have a beautiful weekend y'all.

 

 

   

4 comments:

  1. I told my husband I was embracing the "snow" day by baking cookies. We did however, get much purged/packed up in the master bedroom today. I have taken a horse drawn ride in MI, at Frankenmuth, but not in the snow yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you are embracing the slowing down of your day perfectly. Snow should be arriving here soon we have blizzard warnings out because of the wind. Snuggling down and staying put.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taking a carriage ride through streets with beautiful old houses...what a lovely dream. I'd enjoy a sleigh ride through snowy woods too. I don't suppose either will happen but one can dream. I hope you had an enjoyable and relaxing weekend. Stay warm and cozy, GM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm puzzled why my comments are not being published. I must be doing something wrong but I can't think what. First Blogger insists I'm anonymous, there are several blogs I literally cannot post a comment, now here I can write and press Publish but nothing seems to happen.
    Granny Marigold

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.