Friday, September 16, 2022

Hello from my Garden


 

Hello to one & all!

As we are entering our Fall/Autumn season, harvesting some of my Rosemary & Thyme. ( Reminds me of the song....Are you going to Scarborough Fair, Parsley,Sage,Rosemary & Thyme) .

Today, I am making Rosemary Shampoo, Honey & Thyme Oxymel.

My kitchen smells really good. I purchased some Rosemary Shampoo while waiting for garden Rosemary to grow nice & tall. Since this takes about 6 weeks, by then I should have used the store one up. I have started a Lavender & Olive Oil infusion which will be good for aches & pains.

You can find out more about herbs and what you can do with them, and what they can do for us. 

Danus Irish Herb Garden

This is where I received my inspiration, and am learning about herbs.

Thyme is very good for the Respiratory & Digestive systems, in addition to others.

My husband has trouble with his digestion, and I have been plagued with bronchitis & Pneumonia at times. So This is will benefit both of us.

I do have some more Rosemary to cut, I transplanted it last weekend and we had a few days of rain which helped it settle in. Didn't want to do to much to it. The next batch I will make Rosemary Hair Rinse, and the rest will be dehydrated for the spice cabinet, along with the basil. We still have some growing season left, plenty of sunshine. 

Garlic will be going in the garden by the 1st of October, our expected frost date for our zone is 16th.

Tidying up the garden this weekend, put it to bed. 

I tested one of the candles made last week, I had a little bit of extra wax from the 3 pours and made one to test run. All in all it burned for 18 hours. 4oz candle. not to bad. I hope the others are about the same, I filled them to the top, don't know if I should have done that.

I'm willy nilly with the hook moving, trying to make pumpkins. I've  been helter skelter lately.



1 comment:

  1. There's so much Thyme in my garden that I brought in a little bouquet for the kitchen. Just so I could keep smelling it. I made a Rosemary rinse for my hair but it didn't keep very long. I had it in the fridge but it got a bit slimy.

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.