Friday, September 30, 2022

A trip to Amish Country

Always a favorite! 

We went during the week, crowds way down. Much nicer.

 The object is to get away from the crowds,traffic & people. Enjoy the country sights, fresh air and beautiful rolling hills. 


This was so cute I thought, it was painted on a pallet welcoming shoppers. 

  I did stop at an antique shoppe and I found 3 items, which I'll share next time as I havn't taken the pictures of them yet. 

We stayed overnight at a beautiful hotel, done in Victorian Style. It had a hot tub and a pool. A fire pit was lovely at night with a hot coffee. My husband and I were the only ones at the fire pit. Some folks were inside by the fire, some reading in the beautiful lounge. 

They had alot of beautiful doilies showcased like this on our floor.
Ceiling tiles
Wallpaper in our room, it looks flocked but it is not.
Early morning fog through the valley
So pretty
Sunrise in the valley
The beautiful staircase, if we stay there again, which we will do sometime, I'd like to wear something pretty and walk down, or at least have my picture taken. So silly for this old gal. 

Married 28years today, time does fly. 

 


2 comments:

  1. The hotel you stayed in must have been such a delight. I love the ceiling tiles and the wallpaper is absolutely gorgeous. I would have thought it was flocked or at least heavily textured. We put anaglypta wallpaper in the dining room and hallways of our house some 30 years ago and I still like it as much as I ever did. We painted it of course but have never had to repaint in spite of all the children that I had ( I had a home daycare for many years).
    Happy anniversary! You got married on September 30. Our anniversary is Nov. 30 and this year we're going to celebrate 59 years. I still find that hard to believe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to look up what Angylpta was. Learn something new every day. That wallpaper, I actually had to touch it to see if it was flocked, I was surprised when it wasn't, just wallpaper. But lovely.

      Delete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.