Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Who knew? Did you?

Are you aware that we are having a National Potatoe Shortage, here in the USA?

I stopped to pick up a few things from the grocery store near where I live, it is the closest, not even on my top 100 stores to shop at. To save gas, time & my precious energy.

Potatoes are always on my list it seems, I love me my spuds. 

I saw this 



 They did have some taters, and when those are gone,that is it until new crop harvest. I picked up two bags, which I will be dehydrating along with some more onions. I guess they want us to believe that all  the sudden there are not enough spuds? How would we know if there really is a shortage? Or is this because we are coming upon an election, and a national holiday in November. 

Well, I got taters and back up taters, picked up some canned potatotes a while back, and then there are the instant ones. Added to that what I will be dehydrating. We ate the ones from our garden, good, but not enough. I'm glad that I've already got everything I need for our Thanksgiving dinner.

Take care and sturdy up your pantrys!


3 comments:

  1. We don't eat as many potatoes as we used to when we were more than just 2. Nowadays the potatoes grow sprouts as they wait patiently in the darkness for us to use them. I'd love to know some of your favourite ways to prepare them. I think I lack imagination. It seems its either mashed or oven french fries. Potato salad never fails to give me tummy trouble. I have never tried canned potatoes. I buy the boxed Scalloped mixes. Which reminds me that I should pick some up again soon. DH likes chunks of ham in his "half" of the pan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GM, oh I love me some spuds, any which way. Mashed is my favorite, but I like them boiled, scalloped, fried, roasted, anywhich way. I like potatoe salad but don't make it. I have canned ones in case of emergency, like a potatoe shortage :), you can put some butter on them and they'll be good enough to fill a belly. Potatoe soup, loaded mash potatoes.....oh my !

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't eat many potatoes due to the high starch content and my husband's diet. I did hear there was a shortage on them though.

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.