Friday, August 26, 2022

Pie Time

Gerty says it's Pie Time!

My Vintage Pie Vent
 

We love peach pie here around my homestead. Years and Years I've picking up bushels of peaches to make pie. It is so good, and yet the work of doing it has become a wee bit more demanding. While I don't want to give up pie making, as I've finally got the hang of it, I'm taking a shortcut. ( of sorts)

When we would purchase them, we had to get the skins off, and slice them. That required boiling a large kettle of water, and immersing the peaches in there, after first slicing off the top. It didn't take long in the boiling water, and the skins would magically peel off. Then slicing and removing the seed, then making the pie shell.

Now, I just make the double pie shell, and I have found locally Amish Peaches already sliced in a large lovely jar that I can save for other storage items. We can peach pie more often if we want to, and it requires me only to make the crust. 

I've come along way with my pie making! I have a recipe which works for me now, and I stick with it. 

I notice weather has alot to do with the dough. Have you ever noticed that? 

Today, our windows are open, it is cloudy and rainy, the air is filled with moisture. My crust handled and roll out very nice. 

You can find the recipe for the vintage pie crust

Here  or you can look in the recipe box tab at the top of the page.



Thank you for stopping over have a really nice day!


1 comment:

  1. Really? Pre-sliced peaches in a lovely jar? How I wish they were available up here. I don't mind that much the scalding etc. but I find most of the fruit has been picked too green and never ripens nicely. I yearn for a juicy peach, the kind that if you eat it out of hand the juice runs down your arm!!

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.