Saturday, August 13, 2022

Love of Vintage Crochet Patterns

Hello!

Thank you for popping up here, I appreciate it. If you are new, please stay awhile & introduce yourself. I go on about a variety of simple joys, and today is not different, today's choice of joy is about Vintage Crochet Patterns. I don't have many pamphlets, or books which would be considered vintage in nature. I have a few thread pamphlets.

The pattern calls for a fashion doll.

Before I get to that, I'm going to provide a link to a previous posting about a vintage Barbie Doll.

Here 

While I like her current outfit very much, I thought I might be able to change it out after I crochet this new/old pattern. We'll see. 

Received in the mail this morning the pattern pamphlet, it is in pristine condition, this afternoon I'm going through my thread yarn to see what I might like to do. I believe this pattern is from 1990's, it's vintage already....oh bother.  What is it, anything over 25 years?  

That is me and & then some...Oh Bother.!

     She is most lovely. I will not be doing wings on her at this time. I do love those bell sleeves. 

I had no project as I was waiting for this pamphlet. The cardigan wasn't right in the sleeve area, so yesterday I frogged both sleeves and will make them again, later. Had enough of that project for now. 


The Joy is in the making, I did stop at hobby lobby today their yarn 30% off, I did not have a fall enough color in my tinker box, so I picked up Topaz to work this Angel. Also, 

 


I picked up this sampler box of mini crochet thread, ( sorry about the picture quality), that Hobby Lobby carries. Some I would not want or wouldn't use in a full size ball, so this will be good for smaller projects, and when I crochet the applique pieces or embellishments.  

That's my story, I'm stickin to it. I've made a good amount of progress on the Harvest Angel already.


 
 

 

1 comment:

  1. That sampler box looks so pretty I wouldn't have the heart to disturb anything by taking any out.
    Sorry about the cardigan sleeves that need redoing. The vintage doll looks lovely as she is but I'm sure she'll look even better in a new dress.

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.