Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Summer Wind down

We've had a productive garden this year, I'm overall pleased with our harvest, already making notes for next year, what might be a better lay out planting wise. What to keep in the rotation, what to skip, and what I might add. Fall garlic will be planted in October. Tucking in our garden will be taking place, and the planning will begin for next years garden.

I did plant those Peppermint Stick Zinnias, they have come up, and I anticipate I will get some flowers to get more seeds, same with the Cosmos. I like to have flowering plants near the garden it helps with pollination. Sunflowers are a go for next year as well. I ordered  "Blue" sunflower seeds, I planted only 4 and at least 2 came up, I think there is enough time for them to bloom hopefully, they are about 5" tall, and with the heat & sunshine should come to bloom, fingers crossed. 

The Fall/Autumn is my very favorite season. It seems like it is here and gone so quickly, unlike summer & winter which go on and on. I'm in no hurry for that at all. But the fall, the scents the colors, the harvesting,pumpkins and scarecrows...Love it, as I know many of you do also.


 
 

4 comments:

  1. I like the picture of the Black-eyed Susans. Such drought resistant and faithful flowers!
    I've begun my garden notes for next year too. My sunny area is so small that I doubt I'll bother with onions. If I can find Multiplier sets I'll put in some of those for the greens.
    For some reason my zinnias are having trouble keeping upright. I put a support around them but now they're leaning on it and looking rather sad. I'll look for shorter ones next Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right about the black eyed- thy are hardy, and faithful, they transplant nicely also. So pretty for this time of year. My Zinnias are about one foot tall, I can tell you that they don't like the extreme heat/humidity, and get a little weepy. Maybe you just have really lovely,heavy flowers, which isn't a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where Oh where is the post about vintage crochet? Just askin'.

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.