Friday, July 29, 2022

Vintage Wooden Heart bread bowl

 I had no idea until recently that bread bowls ( of the wooden kind) were a thing. 

And when I did learn of them, other than buying them brand spanking new, I never figured that I would find a pre loved one, and certainly not in a heart shape. Aside from my love of the glass doorknob, I like heart shaped things.So when I saw this at the Amish Antique Mall, I scooped it up for $5.00, and then went on to find several more, so they are available out there, I guess I just never noticed them, not all of them are heart shaped, in fact this was the only one I saw. 

It looks very primitive, and I always wonder about the history of something when I find it. I have not made bread in it as I intended to do because I keep forgetting I have it. I use it for decoration purposes, and I suppose that suits me just fine. 


 When I look at this, I can tell that it is not mass produced. Someone lovingly carved this out for someone they love. I get the feeling that a nice husband made this for his wife, who loves to make him bread. I wonder what kind of wood it is. There are chisel marks, it's not finely polished, not perfect as things are today, it has character, and it was I think made with love. 

Life can be so simple, and joyful. 

3 comments:

  1. The bread bowl is surely one of a kind. Using it for decorating is just perfect.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never even seen a wooden bread bowl. Your heart-shaped one is a treasure and for $5. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so neat. I would not have known what it was for. Now I will have to look for wooden bread bowls when I'm in thrift or antique shops, just to see if there are any.

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.