Friday, February 25, 2022

I heart yarn

I'm not a yarn hoarder, lets be clear about that. I have an Amish made basket which I used to store my purchased yarn, it is half full. Mostly leftovers from projects completed to make sure I had enough, I don't like to be found short on a project. I found this wreath I think it was the $ store, I can't recall, anyway I had gotten the idea for a yarn ball wreath from Ophelia Talks . Anja had made hers in the round, it was much larger because she has a lot of stash, so when I found this heart wreath ( the last one) I thought it would be a lovely wreath.

All made from stash yarn, bits and bobs which I could not use for another project.And even the lace from the craft tub got used. I don't have have a craft "studio", "room" or anything else. I craft where I am sitting at the moment and that is my craft nook or corner. 

Stashbusting

Today would have been my mom's 100th birthday!

Love you much mom!

Take care everyone,we'll talk again soon.....

3 comments:

  1. Your yarn ball wreath is pretty and so appropriate for Spring. Although I don't do any handwork I remember years ago I filled an old egg basket with balls of yarn ( bought cheap at the thrift store) and even poked a couple of knitting needles into it. I was quite pleased with the effect.
    It's a special day for you to remember your Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the lace edge and I may just think about adding that to mine (I do have lots of lace in a box to use up). This was going to be my surprise project for the month. Just ran out of time to do it. Next month definitely.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.