Sunday, November 7, 2021

Over the clothesline

It is a gorgeous day here in NE Ohio, the sky is a beautiful blue, it is sunny with a slight breeze. I decided to spring clean. A good dusting, and took the shears down and hung them out on the line, they are gently flapping in the sunshine....a simple lovely joy. 

 I have been over the last few years being "intentional" about where I spend money, and what I buy.and where the money I give them will be used.

 A wee bit of a rant....you have been warned, you can read on...or move on.

I am scratching another off the "big box" list. JoAnn's.  I know longer care how many coupons, discounts or free...I am finished.  I have been gradually weaning myself off of shopping there, I did so because the other "big box" craft store  Micheals, bought out all the smaller places. I don't shop at Micheals and have not for years. I went to "J" because it was less than 2 miles from my house. Not because they have a good selection of anything. Normally the yarn I want they don't carry, I have to order it elsewhere anyway. So they are useless.

I needed green yarn, and since I am not a hoarder I don't have skeins and skeins of any yarn, every yarn I own and thread live in the Tinker Box.


 

 I wanted to crochet some Christmas Trees for my son to take to his work. like I did with the pumpkins.

So I ordered it last night, put it in the cart and arranged or payment after pickup. I received a confirmation that they received the order and not to come to the store yet, they will email me.

This morning I received two emails, the first said I can pick up my order, and the 2nd one said my order was canceled, only one of the two items were available. This is the 2nd or 3rd time they have done this, it is the last time. Why would you let me continue with the order if you didn't have the stock?

That is a poor business model. Poor customer service.

Rant Over

I've got to finish up with my Spring/Fall cleaning.  I've got two finished snowflakes rolled up in a damp towel that I will pin flat in a little while.

And I'll move my hook....when there is confusion and destruction...

be creative and constructive....

If you made it this far...thank you...

 


 

 


 

7 comments:

  1. I used to go to Michaels fairly often but since my scrapbooking isn't really happening any more I don't need anything from there. I find Dollar stores more to my budget anyway.
    Crocheted Christmas trees should be lovely and I doubt they'll take you long to make.
    Good for you finishing your Spring/Fall cleaning. It's a nice feeling, knowing it's done for the months to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that rant is over, but I have a continuation regarding the $ stores. It was nice hanging things on the line, so fresh blew the dust right off of them. Ladybugs are out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a rant! It was the truth about very poor business dealings. I don't do Joanns anymore, either. They look like a hurricane hit them and their prices here are insane, and the last times I have gotten yardage they have cut it so silly and then been defiant about crooked cuts that gyp me out of about 1/10 of my fabric! That little bit counts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are going to put themselves out of business soon. Fabric is their signature item, they should stick to that. Poor business ethic will get you every time. Even with the computerization, they still can't get it right and know what they have in stock. Pitiful.

      Delete
  4. I'm 25 minutes drive from our closest town. It used to have a JoAnn's. Then Hobby Lobby came to town and put them out of business, then they closed too. I have to travel quite a bit to get to a Hobby Lobby, Michaels or JoAnn's, so I tend to order and have it shipped anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't live far from anything unfortunately, if I'd have my druthers 25 miles out would be good for me. I've ordered out too, I prefer to because I spend less by just getting what I need, and no more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No craft stores here except for the little they sell in Walmart. I do order materials for my Cricut online and have had excellent results.

    I get my fabric here in Canada from Fabricland and my yarn and embroidery threads at Michael's but those stores are two hours away so I make darn sure I have quite a list when I go.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.