Tuesday, November 9, 2021

I've been banned


from shopping at the Second City store. My youngest tallest has banned me from stopping, consider stopping, or even looking in the window as I drive by.

I bought just one more lovely. I think I told you in story post about the farmhouse table, and how I really needed a dresser, and everytime I go into that shoppe I come home with anything but. 

My eldest son was looking for a nightstand table, so I suggested we stop there, as he usually has one or two nightstand tables, prices reasonable, and the quality is better than "W".

 It happened again...we were looking for his table, and I found my dresser. 

Never fails! I looked at it, I didn't measure it and tried to stay focused on his purchase. He found a very nice wooden trestle table with the lamp attached 5.00. Every day the price is dropped 1% on every item in the store. 

We left, and came home with his table. 

I woke up at 2:00am thinking about this dresser, for you see it has glass knobs, that is what captured my heart. I was worried that somebody else would snap it up. The store opened at 10:00 am, I was there at 9.45 am, I dropped my eldest son off and work and went straight to the shop about 1/2 mile away.

It was still there....And as I write this it is in the back of my van, and will be brought into the house I hope this evening. She'll get a nice cleaning with Murphy's oil soap, and some Liquid Gold spray.

Mahogony. Glass Drawer pulls, good condition. Some dings which give it character....The man who owns the shop said it is from the 1920's, has the skeleton key holes, and carved feet. 

$186 out the door. The price on the sticker was 245. It's been there since Oct 7.

I'll get you some pictures for the next posting. I'm done now. The two items which I really wanted turned up, coincidence? No I don't think so. We have no room in the house for any more than we already have. But it was a fun ride I can tell you that.


4 comments:

  1. I'm not sure whether to give you a string of hearts or a string of laughy faces. Good job on the find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you finally found your dresser.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the glass pulls would have convinced me too!! I'm so glad you found it, the perfect dresser. Can't wait to see pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dresser sounds lovely, and what a bargain. Yes, I will take a vintage item over a W item any day. The W items are unsound to start and just get worse, while the vintage items are real wood, made right.

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.