Somethings....never get old, you never grow tired, and they provide you a warm and fuzzy feeling of a time long ago now, like comfort food I enjoy it today.
How many of you remember..The Ghost and Mrs.Muir? There is a classic movie of this title, and a book of which I am reading currently by the same name. But of what I speak is the television series.
Oh my, who? Wouldn't be minded sharing a beautiful cottage by the sea with this guy? Captain Daniel Gregg ( The Ghost) played by Edward Mulhare.
Being much older now, I am able to capture the subtle nuances between the Captain and Madam as he calls Mrs. Muir. Romantic. (sigh) I don't know, and I may be prejudice, but the leading men back in the day, made you so glad you were a lady.
He's a keeper, right up there with Cary Grant, John Wayne, Gregory Peck, and Sean Connery. I fell in love with Gull Cottage, and my favorite room in the old house is the one with the telescope and the huge window overlooking the sea.
I fill my time watching this, and reading the book these days. Turning OFF, and quieting all the noise, watching with total abandon the half hour show, everybody leaves their clothes on, no overt actions, no swearing, guns, murder, just civility, moral character and lots of charm.
A simple joy...and long on eye candy..
No comments:
Post a Comment