Thursday, October 29, 2020

I'm inspired to sew an Apron uh oh!

I'm blowing the dust off my sewing machine...and

 I just ordered this fabric from 

Missouri quilt company

so I am serious, I'm going to make an apron. A challenge for me.

 

Down on the Farm - Animals Country Yardage 

My inspiration? I follow Cosmopilitan Cornbread, now known as AGoodLifeFarm,   wears these lovely aprons all the time, and she had a tutorial on her you tube channel for making one. She has quite a few of them. She is not a seamstress or even an avid sewer, and she makes these aprons, which I have come to find out are the crossover aprons, they cross in the back. I kept putting it off because I couldn't find just the right material for the apron. Until today. and this lovely is on the way or will be..

If you've not ever visited with Constance, please stop over her place.    

I'm still working on the dresden plate block. It's a slow go.

 That's my story for today, I'm sticken to it.

13 comments:

  1. Good luck with the apron. That's nice fabric and I'm looking forward to you modeling the apron once you're done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luck is precisely what is required. It is pretty fabric though. We'll see what me and my 1955 Singer can do.

      Delete
  2. What gorgeous material for an apron. I used to wear one all the time but have got out of the habit. My clothes show this as when I bake I get covered in flour.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have 2 and wear them once in a while, and my clothes also take a hit.

      Delete
  3. Hello Faith ... I am enjoying catching up on all your recent posts. You have been busy & the candle you made turned out lovely. I look forward to seeing the apron you create.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Julie, I "sound" busy. Most of it is thinking busy, although I do have the Dresden started, I like to think about having things to create. I hope I get the apron done, it is pretty fabric.

      Delete
  4. The highlighted words didn't link to the site. I would love to see the apron. I have 2 that I wear all the time, but want one that has criss-cross backs on them. I'm not motivated enough to try and make one myself lol. Can't wait to see yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The links are located on/around the blog, and I updated the so if you click on the link, it should open up and you can see all her videos. It really doesn't "look" difficult. We'll see me and Singer have work to do. :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks, I thought it would make a great apron. I hope I get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yay! I've been trying to find an apron pattern I like - I just keep trying:-) Thanks for the link, will take a peek. Hope you will share yours with us also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I hope you like this one, there are no ties, it crosses in the back and has 3 pockets. We'll have an apron party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chicken fabric is my favoerite. I'm an apron lover too. Can't wait to look at her video...and see your apron. It will be so cute made from that fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.