Saturday, October 31, 2020

Up with chickens if I had some...


 70+ Best Victorian Halloween Decorating images | victorian halloween,  halloween, vintage halloween

It's 6:00 am.It's dark, I'm up. I heard the pitter patter of 4 little feet walking round and round, it was our pooch, I tried to go back to sleep, and the oldest got up and he isn't necessarily quiet, although he thinks he is, the husband is running the bandsaw. Time for coffee, whether I want it or not. Spanky was out of water, here I sit, me and my coffee. Spank went back to sleep.

I don't know what I'll do today, have no immediate plans. One thing for sure Spanky needs his nails need to be trimmed. I went yesterday and picked up some groceries,  completed our Thanksgiving shopping. With the election and the covid business, I'm anticipating that things may more out of whack then normal for a while. So we have on hand what we need, without hoarding. 

I'm growing less and less interested in shopping or going out.  I'm one who probably shouldn't wear the mask. I wear so I don't get hassled.  My trips to the store are short, are limited to groceries,everything else is now ordered online for pickup/delivery. No more browsing around. I get what I need an I get out of the store.

I.need to get some hot rolls made for the holidays, I used to make them, and then started to buy them, now I feel like I might want to make them again. I just use my bread recipe and roll them up.

From my Archives

.Crochetbythesea

 I made raisen bread a few years back now,  and this is what came out of the oven.

Happy Halloween!

It should be getting light in a few minutes, turning the clock back today...an extra hour of sleep, as we hunker down for a long winters nap. Some of you are experiencing springtime. 

 I'd love to hear if any more of you will be making the apron we talked about in the previous post. Maybe we could have an apron party and show off what me made, wouldn't that be fun?  Here is the link for it if you missed it.

Apron Post

 

 Have an enjoyable and peace filled day.


3 comments:

  1. That is the cutest loaf of bread! :) Happy Halloween! I watched the entire apron video. That's pretty neat. Made a nice sturdy apron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not thrilled with the whole turning back the clocks an hour. I wake up too early at best of times. I don't mind in summer because I can take my cup of coffee out onto the porch and watch the day begin. When it's pitch dark there's nothing to be seen plus it's cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That loaf looks like it is grinning at me.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.