Thursday, December 9, 2021

I like vintage..and that includes recipes (Repost)



 Image result for 1940 kitchen cooking clip art
 The Holidays are upon us, like cheesecake? How about Vintage? 
This is for you.
I make this every year by request for my eldest son's birthday. We have it other times of the year (sometimes) but always on his birthday. 
 
 
I am a fan of  old school, vintage..so when I found this recipe I was pretty happy. It is so good, and it's the way I remember my mom's cheesecake from back way back in the day. The very title peaked my interest get this....I found this on the internet about 4 or 5 years ago. It was somebody's recipe at some time, but gave no credit, I take none for it, it's not mine.  

Cheese Freeze 1940 Cheescake....isn't that a charmer? The recipe doesn't call for freezing, so I'm not so sure what that is all about.Anybody know ? I'd like to know.

Put on your prettiest apron and lets get cookin! Image result for 1940 kitchen apron



Cheese Freeze 1940's Cheesecake 

I use a springform pan for this recipe. .

20 graham crackers OR  1 1/2 cups, 375 ml ( Measure) to make the crumb crust, or you can buy it already crushed for this purpose follow instructions on the box. If you decide to make this without the box here is how you make the crust.
4 tbs (60 ml) butter
1/4 cup ( 60 ml) butter
1/4 cup ( 60ml) sugar

Crush the graham crackers  


Filling

It all goes in the mixer, mix well. You can make this first, or the crust first doesn't matter. I like to make the filling first and have taste testsπŸ˜‰
The graham cracker crust
graham cracker crust ( you can make your own or buy the boxed) The box saves you time, and the recipe is right on the box or :
Once you've got your crust mixed up with the melted butter and sugar, press it into the bottom of your pan with a spoon, or measuring cup to pack it down. 
then....
add filling & bake 35 min ( check for your oven)cool10 min
The cheesecake..
Bake this at 350 for 35 minutes ( adjust for your own oven) it is done when you insert a toothpick into the center and it comes out clean.

The Topping

Topping

6 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy...

    Here, we can buy pre-made Graham Cracker Crusts. I'm sure they aren't as good, as freshly making one's own, though.

    πŸπŸ‚πŸŽƒπŸπŸŽπŸ‚πŸ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here too,however. I make this in a springform pan. There is quite a bit of cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've still got all of us here ! Sometimes I long for the lesser hustle bustle. They will be out soon enough, and then I suppose....I'll miss them. Won't I ? My husband doesn't mind leftovers, but it is easier to cook for more then 2. The cheesecake is really good. But...for two people...it's a ton of cheesecake....what's wrong with that? :) You would be eating for days...it's better to share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny what they called it back then, but it sounds good. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The recipe is similar to one I make except I've never tried the sour cream topping. We can never decide whether we like the baked sort of cheesecake or the unbaked. To me they're both good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! This sounds so good! I've got to make one!

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.