Thursday, September 12, 2024

Random Chit Chat

 Hello out there!

I'm still waiting for the pkg from Herrschners, shipped on the 6th....it is out there somewhere. I've had packages come Royal Mail from UK faster than it is taking this one from one state away. It would seem that everything is not in order here in the US, it happened over time I suppose, kind of like the frog in the boiling water, the poor dear didn't realize the temp was going up...post office is in bad shape. 

Patience is a virtue, working on that. So then I decided to look for the round 14" pillow which this project will cover, apparently round is not in fashion and JoAnn no longer carries them, I checked Hobby Lobby and nothing there either. So I suppose that it is not cost effective to make a round pillow, when you can make square ones, perhaps that container ship hasn't arrived here in the US yet.😏

Putting the garden to rest, it has been a most unpleasant summer weatherwise. I am looking very much forward to candles, baking, and making the house aroma filled with heartwarming stick to  your ribs dinners once again, summer is not my thing.

We are still working on the update for the side door. I'll be glad when it is done and we can move on. I continue to declutter, and making an effort to not replace or bring in more stuff. To much stuff. I have not brought up the fall tub for decorating, not feeling it. I did put my  stand up scarecrow up in the living room. Enough for now. Sometime less is more.

 

                           I do have a fancy for scarecrows. I've name this one "Fancy", and this is all that I've put out so far this year , do I need to have something everywhere....maybe not this year.                                    

made 2 loaves of bread this week, and one is gone already.  I want to make bisquits with the whole wheat freshly ground next, and totally replace the white flour. Went grocery shopping today and picked up some pantry items, went there and back and stayed out of the fray. I prefer to be at home. 

~ Faith~

The wide open...I love it.
 

 

  

1 comment:

  1. Our Canadian postal service is no better. A card across 2 provinces can take ten days...or 3. I mail things well ahead just in case.
    I did my grocery shopping this morning too. Stopped in at the butcher shop and got stew meat. A nice pot of stew with dumplings which I don't care for but DH does. Then, while the oven is on anyway, I'll make something nice with the pears that I have ripening on the counter.

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.