Friday, August 2, 2024

Join me for a cuppa

 

A slice of homemade bread, and wait for it...Concord Grape Jam Spread.

Oh my! I am a fan of concord grapes, I tried to grow them here in the back yard...give everything a good Farmhouse Worthy try...

We found this at our local farm market, I just popped it open and put it on the fresh loaf of bread....

It isn't jelly or jam, but a spread....kind of like apple butter consistancy.

I'll take this opportunity to share the bread recipe I use.

WRITE THIS RECIPE ON A RECIPE CARD OR IN YOUR RECIPE NOTEBOOK, SO YOU CAN ACCESS IT ANY TIME AT A MOMENTS NOTICE 

Amish White Bread ( 1 loaf)

1 cup warm water

2 1/4 tsp of yeast. ( I use bulk from Amish) but I believe the packets are the same, but check.

1/3 cup sugar

These 3 things go in your mixing bowl, and they will proof 10 min until it is bubbly. 

After the 10 minutes and the yeast is proofed...

add:

3 cups flour ( I am currently working through store bought flour) so if you are grinding your own berries as I will be soon, I'm not sure yet how much flour. That is a skill set I will be learning soon.

2 tbs oil ( I use Olive Oil)

3/4 tsp salt

mix this for 10 minutes in a stand mixer it will be the kneading process also.

turn into a greased bowl, rise for 1 hour

shape into loaf, and place into greased loaf pan.

I bake my 20-25 @ 350 degrees  ( yours may vary)


 Enjoy! 

I can't think of anything else which I do that gives me as much joy as making bread...

I love everything about making bread. 

Stay simple, learn things, be joyful

It is all Farmhouse Worthy

~Faith~

1 comment:

  1. I have my bread recipe written on a paper taped inside a cupboard door. Also my recipe for biscuits/scones ( basically the same recipe with the addition of some sugar and an egg for scones).
    Concord grape jam/spread. Never tasted it but I can imagine how tasty it is.

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.