Friday, August 2, 2024

For times such as these..farmhouseworthy

Greetings & Welcome In

If you've been here a few times, I do mention about skill sets & how important they are now especially.

Over dependence on anything is not a skill set, it is a false sense of security.

A skill set is a collection of abilities, knowledge, and competencies that an individual possesses. These can be learned through various means, including education, training, life experience, and practice.

I'm going back to the old ways....they are tried & true.

How many of you have a recipe from a mom or grandmother written in her own hand, on an index card?

I have a few of these....they are treasures, history,traditions, and personal touch although I don't suppose they ever thought them to be that special, it was a tool in their quiver.

In these times of instant & cloud etc.....convenient, but lack personal touch and style.

What if.....you couldn't access them. You can always access what is inside of this beauty.

Vintage Recipe Box 004 - White Tin Box ...

 Internet Photo

I do have a recipe box with index cards, my go to recipes I've got taped inside my spice cabinet for easy access, recipes which I make often brownies bread, sourdough pancakes, pie crust.. you get the idea.

I've got a small little notebook I picked up at the $ store. When I find a recipe of interest to me I write it in that book. I don't know how many recipes over the years I saved or flagged on the internet to never find them again. My husband will ask did you save this recipe? And I can tell him I have it written in my little book. If it is a keeper I can write it on a card.

It seems simplistic almost so that it isn't given a thought about, something unimportant, we have the internet, the cloud, and the trusty old printer. What is the timeline for the that?

Preparing now for what ever may come, less dependency on others, gives you more control over your circumstances. 

~ Faith~ 




 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I have my Mom's old cookbook. It was put together by local ladies and I can find recipes that she and well-known friends ( long gone) contributed. One of my girls has her eye on that cookbook when I'm gone.

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.