Friday, February 9, 2024

Here I sit

 

me and  my bumb knee. Yep, Hobbling around I've got a serious hitch in my git a long. I hope it goes away soon. Always have trouble with that right knee. I'm trying to think as I sit, and maybe the Good Lord is telling me to slow down, although I don't think I'm going that fast. I just don't like to sit, and now I have to just that. And the weather and all is lovely. 

I'd rather be doing this
or any other manner of moving about. I've got an order of crochet thread arriving today, doubtful that I can get down the 3 stairs.....oh bother. 

Did I show you the material which followed me home from hobby lobby? I have no idea what they will be. I thought an apron for the top picture, the bottom one is so vintagy, not sure. It won't be until next year when I dust off the old Singer again. LOL!

I do not have the apron done yet.I took out all the seams yesterday when I was sitting with nothing to do wilst healing. I found through a youtube video yesterday, a sewing tool which may be helpful, some of you already may have. It is a hot ruler. 
 
 This Clover #7811 Hot Ruler is perfect to measure, mark, fold, press deep hems, press long hems and miter corners. It is heat resistant and you can press directly on the ruler. It can be used with dry or steam irons. The unique non-slip surface holds fabric in place for precise results.
 
Because I am not a sewer, this I believe would be a valuable tool for me to have, it may actually take some of the stress out of sewing for me,my seams are always candywampus. 

So that is my story today, me and my swollen old knee. I'll be on the mend soon, ( I hope).

3 comments:

  1. Oh No! I'm sorry about your poor knee. I wonder if using a compression bandage would help. Husband has had so much knee trouble through the years ( and 2 knee replacement surgeries) so I know how painful and hindering knees can be. I hope you feel better soon. Meanwhile you have that lovely fabric to think on. Both are lovely in very different ways. I would be hard put to decide which I preferred.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, that ruler sounds really interesting. Sorry about the knee, hopefully you are back up and doing very soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackie,This hot ruler works pretty good. My hem is straight, maybe it will help my sewing.

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.