Sunday, February 4, 2024

Sew & Sew

 

Hi All!

Would  you believe? I'm still puttering around with the apron, oh dear sewing is just not my bag. The first one I made about 4 years ago, I did it I believe in one day.

Sewing Apron 

 This one is taking weeks. When I actually feel like sewing, the mind must be in good working condition. When I get the brain fog, you can forget about just about anything. It is the darndest thing. Even the most simple task is difficult. I affectionatly (not) say my shade it down, or halfway down, it was down yesterday.  I could have finished it yesterday, but sewing the straps on posed a problem which for some reason just wasn't making sense, so it is put off to the side, and hopefully I'll get this done this week. 

I did get the table cloth made, it was easy just seam up sides and sew. I found some pretty & cute material at Hobby Lobby 40 % off, for right now those are on hold as I am not getting this very simple apron done.

 Amongst my many flaws, and it is amazing that as I age these are illuminated for me, is that I have recognized I need to slow down, my mother always said I was helter skelter, she was right. I don't enjoy the process of the sewing, I am working very hard on trying to change that. I don't think I do this with crochet, which seems to relax me. Maybe it is the rhythm of the stitches. Sewing is the opposite for me.

I've got some Concord grapes for pie thawing out, and today I'll make a pie. No sewing. 

~Have a blessed week~

Faith

 


 


3 comments:

  1. I'm the same way with crochet patterns that take more thought. It is the only reason I have not finished the doily for the living room yet. I'm just too tired after a day working on the hallway. I can't wait until we are done with that project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The problem I have with sewing is more the cutting out portion. I have 3 aprons, a skirt and a dress cut out, and will hopefully be working on those next week. I do have to stop sewing when I get tired or I make lots of mistakes. Knitting is the same way, can't do it when I am tired.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to learn to sew. I took night courses and sewed some items while at school but once I was home I didn't do well. I ended up thinking I didn't enjoy it and didn't think I'd ever get any good either. So I gave up. I do look at things others sew and admire their creations though.
    How did your pie turn out?

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.